Clogged pipes or slowing drains are not exactly uncommon issues. However, these can also be part of a much larger problem. Repairing minor plumbing and sewer-related issues early on can help you avoid more serious issues with your sewer line down the road. To that end, this sewage damage restoration company in Lewisville, Texas is going to discuss some early signs that it’s time for a sewer line repair below.
Signs that Your Sewer Line Needs a Repair
Addressing any damage early on can help keep major repairs to a minimum. Keep reading to know some of the most apparent signs of sewer line damage:
- If sewer odor is entering your house, it is time to inspect the line. That sulfuric odor, often like rotten eggs, is a mix of toxic waste and gasses. It is one of the most evident signs of the system going wrong.
- If you hear gurgling or clanking sounds coming from your drains, the plumbing system may be improperly venting.
- Do you have a lawn? Does it get squishy all the time? A sinkhole may be forming, making it soggy and leaving a portion unusable.
- You might also observe an unexpected lush green patch. Underground sewage acts as a fertilizer for the yard and causes the grass to grow green and beautiful. It could be an indication of a sewer leak.
- A cracked foundation could indicate a broken sewer line underneath the house.
- Insect infestation or a greater pest problem could be a sign. Sewer damage that goes unaddressed invites unusual pest activity indoors or around the property.
A Greater Risk? Sewage Backup.
Sewer line repairs can also be indicated if you experience a backup in Lewisville, Texas. Essentially, sewage is raw sludge or the septic tank backup consisting of human waste, wastewater, garbage (flushed down the drain), and other organic matter. This waste matter comprises harmful bacteria, viruses, parasites, and fungi. These are disease-causing pathogens, which can be extremely dangerous for both human and animal health when left untreated.
Understanding the Causes of Sewage Backup
One of the primary causes of a sewage backup is a blockage in the central or private sewer line. You are responsible for any obstruction in the private sewer. However, the blockage beyond your property is the responsibility of the local municipality.
These pipelines can clog due to tree roots that pierce holes in the line or wrap around the pipes. If the tree roots are on city property, it is their responsibility. Apart from tree roots and blockages, old, broken pipes can also break down after years of use.
How to Handle Sewage Damage
Sewage damage remediation is a specialized task that is best left to professionals. Dangerous fecal matter, foul odor, and black water aren’t easy to tackle all by yourself. You cannot fully clean up sewage waste without the necessary know-how, tools, and expertise. Any level of sewage backup is a dangerous health hazard.
It’s best that you leave it in the hands of a qualified sewage damage restoration company in Lewisville, Texas. They can assess the problem and suggest a workable course of action.
Looking for the Top-Rated Sewage Damage Restoration Company in Lewisville, Texas?
Are you dealing with sewage damage at your property? If so, and if you’re looking for the top-rated sewage damage restoration company in Lewisville, Texas, look no further than the team at Mr. Restore. Contact us today at (877) 631-7576 to get in touch with our staff.