Water damage is frustrating. It might seem minor at first — but when neglected, the damage can become more severe, eventually resulting in expensive structural repairs.
It is also worth noting that natural disasters are not the only cause of water damage. Blocked gutters, deteriorating pipes, clogged drain lines, and even poorly graded properties can cause significant destruction at any time of the year. Before that happens, it’s important to address problem spots around your home. To help keep your home safe, this water damage restoration company in McKinney, Texas is going to discuss some water damage prevention tips below.
Tips for Preventing Water Damage in McKinney, Texas
Water is notorious for entering the spaces it shouldn’t and causing losses that aren’t always visible to the naked eye. To prevent one of your most valuable investments — your home — from water damage, apply these precautions and stay safe all year long.
- Repair or replace washing machine hoses as necessary.
- Regularly assess the toilets for leaks since a leaky toilet can waste hundreds of gallons of water. Promptly call for repairs if you suspect leaks.
- Thoroughly investigate all appliances and fixtures that utilize water. Slow leaks can move underneath the floor. Regularly check your refrigerator, water heater, dishwasher, sink, and other appliances connected to water lines.
- Provide enough ventilation in the attic to keep the roof cool and allow warm air to escape through vents, or it can cause water damage to the roof in winters.
- Have the downspouts and gutters inspected, cleaned, and maintained to ensure an unobstructed flow of the drainage system.
- Never pour greasy stuff down the drain, or it can severely block the pipelines.
- Turn off the water supply when on vacation or out for an extended period.
- Grade the soil to so water flows away from the foundation.
- Examine and repair under sinks and drains for the proper functioning of the pipes.
- Switch from copper to more durable and lasting PEX pipes for better corrosion resistance.
Experiencing Water Damage? Do Not Try DIY.
You may think it is easy to repair and restore water damage on your property in McKinney, Texas. However, most water damage requires professional-grade equipment to accelerate the repair and restoration work.
If you do not identify the source of water damage, it can cause mold growth or worsen the situation. If the repairs aren’t adequate, you can experience greater future damage to the same spot or the surrounding areas.
You can fix beginner-level freshwater damage on your own. But if it is black water damage or something more complex that you are not familiar with, you should leave it to the pros.
It is best to call licensed and local repair and restoration specialists to detect and fix the damage as soon as possible. These services are affordable, timely, and safe, provided you contract with a reputed and experienced company in McKinney, Texas.
Looking for the Best Water Damage Restoration Company in McKinney, Texas?
Water damage can affect a home in several ways. As a homeowner, it’s your responsibility to take the necessary steps to help prevent water damage, and to act fast if any flooding or damage occurs at your property. This will also help you avoid dealing with stressful water damage claims with your insurance company.
If you are dealing with water damage in your home and need professional restoration services, we can help. As the premier water damage restoration company in McKinney, Texas, we can inspect your property and suggest a practical water damage repair plan.